Monday, October 18, 2010

Going to the Chapel.....

This weekend we are going to a wedding. I really don't know much about the couple that is getting married. I haven't seen either of them in about a year, I have no idea when the last time my husband saw the bride was (they are friends from MBA school).

So trying to personalize a card for their upcoming nuptials was a bit hard. The only thing I really had to go on was their wedding invitation. So I went with that. The invitation was Black and Green and had swirlies on it

I always try to make these beautiful wedding cards whenever we go to a wedding, and they never really turn out as well as I expect them to. So this time I decided to go with a bit of whimsy and kitch and I went with hearts. In June I made a card for my husband for father's day that looked like a suit (I can't remember if I blogged about it). So I decided I'd make one heart the groom and one the bride. I could have done a way better job ont he groom heart, I could have made the tux look better by making it with lapels, but I only had about 1/2 an hour to pull this baby together, so I went simple. I also had different paper to use for the bride heart, but it just didn't pop enough so I went with sparkly instead.




I think it turned out alright. Its not my favourite card I've ever made, but hey at least its something.


Paper: Bazill Basics Bank Roll
Ink: SU Certainly Celery
Stamps: Baroque Motif

1 comment: