Monday, October 5, 2009

Going to the Chapel........

We are headed to another wedding this upcoming weekend. It will be kind of fun because this weekend is also my 6 wedding anniversary. My husband has been given explicit instructions that he must, upon penalty of death, ensure that they play our wedding song during the dance portion of the evening ;p

Anyway so a card is needed. I thought about making another card using my baroque motifs stamps, but I've been using those a lot lately. I decided I'd try a heart card. I usually find anything with hearts on it uber cheeseball, so I needed some good inspiration. I found a card similar to the one I decided to make on splitcoaststampers, and off I went.

The bride has chosen blue and brown as her wedding colours, so I decided once again I'd use her colour scheme to make the card. I started out using brown as the dominant colour but it just looked way too harsh, so I switched it up to blue. The heart stamp I used also looked a little plain jane-ish so I jazzed it up a little bit with sparkles, because heck what bride doesn't appreciate a little sparkle on her day. Finished it off with some brown ribbon and a big old brad. I thihnk it turned out pretty good.

Paper: Recollections cardstock ( I can't remember what exactly the colour is, and once I chuck the packaging that info is long gone)
Ink: Bashful Blue (SU)
Stamps: Bold Heart (Rubber Stampede), Baroque Motifs (SU)
Other: Celebrate It Basic Brown Ribbon, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter, SU Circle Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment