Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hippity Hop Hop - Mojo 133

There appears to be an explosion of little bunnies in my household :). I've made a couple of cards in the past few weeks using Bunnies because its really the only baby related stamp that I have and really like, and well my friends are going through a mini baby boom. The latest had a baby on Friday, so I got down to work earlier in the week. I decided to use another Mojo sketch to inspire my creation.



So here's what I came up with.




My friend had chosen to not find out the gender of her newest little one, so I needed to use a neutral palette for the colours. I decided to go with the classic green and yellow. I love using greens in cards especially if its springtime. It just makes everything seem super fresh and bright. Because the majority of the card was green I went with making the bunny yellow to match the accent solid that I used. To make the bunny look soft I chose to use blending chalks instead of markers, and I also chose to give it a little bit more depth by using an orange to blend in with the yellow. And of course I needed to just give it a bit more pop, so I raised the bunny off the card itself and then chose to do the same with the bow.

I'm pretty pleased with my little bunny card. I gave up doing the Mojo sketches for a long time because I was completely intimidated by the talent of some of the cardmakers participating in it, but I've decided rather than be intimidated to look at the cards that come from the sketch and use them as inspiration. I learn a lot from them and from the other cardmakers, so even though I don't think my card is even close to being on the level of some of the others, meh I think its still cute.
Paper: Martha Stewart (I think its from a series called picnic), Recollections Yellow Cardstock
Stamps: SU A New Little Someone
Chalks: Inkadinkado Blending Chalks
Other: Dahses Dots & Checks ribbon, Mark Richards Crystals

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful! I think the sketch worked wonderfully for this card. Cute and simple details.

    ReplyDelete