Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bringing the Zoo to You

The first kid is turning 4 in a couple of weeks, so its that time again. Birthday Invitation time. I have so much stuff going on right now its absolutely crazy, so I didn't have a lot of time to sit and think about this one. I also didn't have time to do stamp anything, so this card is all about the cricut.


The kid is having an animal party. We've hired a company to come in that brings furry little animals, or snakes, lizards, crocodiles that sort of thing. I asked my daughter what she really wanted to come to the house and the number one answer was a turtle, so that is the animal that got front billing on the card.

I thought about making three or four turtles in a row. Each of them walking with a present on its back, but I thought that was a little presumptuous, and just went with the single turtle and his big bunch of balloons.

The turtle and the "you're invited" I cut out with my cricut using adhesive backed paper and the Beyond Birthday's and In my Garden cartridges. The balloons were made just using a circle punch and then the strings on the balloons are embroidery thread.

I think its a pretty simple card, and just alright. My daughter loves it though and thinks its the best thing since sliced bread, and really that's all that matters right?


1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! Your three elements work very well to form that visual triangle.

    ReplyDelete