Friday, December 24, 2010

Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice

My younger sister is expecting a baby in early March, a little girl (YAY for little girls). Currently she is living in Europe with her husband, who is a professional hockey player and playing for a team there. She is coming home to have the baby though, and leaving her husband behind, which isn't the best thing that could happen. She'll be back in February, so my Mom and one of my Mom's friends are having a huge baby shower for her. They tasked me with making the invites for the shower. It was a bit of a daunting task, since I needed to do about 70 of them, and they needed to be done in four days, and well I was told this four days before christmas. So a little bit of a crazy time.

First thing I did was go to splitcoast and check out some ideas. There are a tonne of cardmakers that have made a onesie designed card. I thought it was super cute, and seemed quick and easy to make. So I went with it. Here's what I ended up with:




I could have embellished a lot more, but time was of the essence and well I've come to really appreciate simplicity. I have also come to hate tying tiny little pink bows :)

1 comment: