Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Love Is In the Air

A few weeks ago we attended a wedding for one of my husband's oldest friends.  We were very excited for this wedding to take place.   No one ever expected this individual to get married.   But he found a wonderful girl, who is perfect for him. 
 
For their wedding they asked for some pretty interesting gifts on their registry.  There wasn't much on there but the last item was "homemade or gifts that were  interesting".  We didn't have the time to go the homemade route, so we went interesting.  When we were on vacation this summer in Maine, we found a shop in Wells that made awesomely awesome copper weather vanes.  This was in fact the perfect gift for the engaged couple, a copper dragon weather vane.  They are a mix of eclectic, and well a little crazy.
 
So to go with this perfect gift I had to come up with a great card and since they said they liked homemade I thought I will make a great homemade card.  I didn't want to continue on with the dragon theme (that would have been a little much for the card), so I decided to go with the colours the bride chose for the wedding.  Her colours were white and a deep rich red.  So perfect.
 
I used this Sweet Sunday Sketch  as my inspiration to make the card.  I knew I wanted it to be mostly about the paper.   I also didn't want to have to do any colouring so my stamped images were just going to be simple hearts.
 
I think the card turned out really great.
 
 
 
 
I thought I was very clever with what we decided to write on the inside fo the card considering our gift...."may your marriage always be pointed in the right direction."  :)

2 comments:

  1. lovely! what stamps did you use? it's a great heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops guess I should have mentioned that. Its from the Verve Stamp set Heart to Heart

      Delete