Friday, July 24, 2009

Up Up And Away........

We are attending the first birthday party of a friend's son on Saturday. I had totally forgotten about it until about an hour ago and needed to come up with a quick card. I wanted to make something fun, but not too busy, and not too involved in terms of paper/layers that sort of thing. So I turned to splitcoaststampers.com for an idea. I have no orignality in me, so this is something I saw on there. For the life of me I can't find it again so I can't give the originator any props, I wish I could.

So here it is, a little monkey being carried away by balloons. I decided to cut out a little window in the card to place a balloon with a number one. On the inside it says "You're 1". Everything used was pretty much just random scraps of cardstock that I have had left over from other projects. I had originally stamped the monkey and cut it out so that it would stand out, but decided it would look better if I just stamped him directly on the cardstock itself. I think it turned out alright.






1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I like the textured balloons and how you cut a window for the 1. What's that monkey stamp?

    ReplyDelete