Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Fling

Spring has almost sprung here in Southern Ontario. The weather has been decently nice (although I hear its going to get colder again this weekend), the temps are staying above freezing at night. Its liking like spring is on its way.

As I mentioned in my previous post I needed to make a few birthday cards, and I wanted them all to have a "spring" theme to them because the birthdays all happen right around the first day of spring.

For this one I decided to use on of my rarely used stamp sets again, Just Like You. I haven't used this set in so long that I had forgotten what exactly was in it. I tried a few other designs but just couldn't get anything to come out as bright and vibrant as I wanted. So I decided to just use stamps and ink. No fancy cutting out of papers, and gluing thousands of tiny parts together. Just simple stamps ink, and two scraps of green paper


I think it turned out really nicely. Its nice and bright and cheery and looks like a bunch of spring flowers just blooming. I really like the ink colours I chose. I think they compliment each other nicely and I think the background of the green paper really shows off the vibrancy of the ink.

Stamps: SU Just Like You & Sincere Salutations
Ink: SU Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Only Orange

1 comment: