Friday, March 12, 2010

A Star is Born

Birthdays are everywhere at the end of March. I have at least four cards to make for friends/family who are born between March 22 and March 27. So I thought I'd better get started sooner rather than later.
I have a few stamp sets that I rarely use from SU. In Full Bloon, Just Like You, In the Stars and Polka Dots and Petals. I decided that those were the stamps I was going to use to make my cards. I also decided since the birthdays all fall just around the date that spring starts that I was going to use all "spring" colours. Colours that all seem fresh and bright.
So here it is, the first card
I originally started out this design thinking I would use the Polka Dots and Petals stamp set, because I wanted to do circles. I cut off about 1/2 inch of the top portion of the card to make room for the various sized circles that I had cut out so that the card would have fairly even edges. I just used scraps of paper that I had left over. I decided that using the stamps from the Polka Dots and Petals would be too much in terms of cirlces. It would be circle overload, so I went with the In the Stars instead.
The ribbon I've used I have had for over two years and haven't used it once. It had the perfect colour combo on it, and went great with the colours I had already used. I tried just using a strip of the ribbon at first but it looked weird so I went with a bow.
So this card will be for my Little Star who was born on March 22, 2008. I can't believe she's almost two. Time flies
Stamps: SU In The Stars
Ink: SU Green Galore
Paper: Recollections Cardstock
Other: Dashes Dots & Checks

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I love that circle cluster as a border. The ribbon is perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete