Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Two for One

The birthday card parade continues. One of the stamp sets that I had left to use for the cards I was making was Polka Dots and Petals. I saw a design on Split Coast that I really liked and decided to go with it as my inspriation card

I decided to once again use really springy type colours. So I chose to go with Yellow and Pink. I needed to use the black to anchor the colours as the white just wasn't doing it. Once it was all said and done though I wasn't really happy with the outcome


So I decided to try again. Using the same design I modified the colours that I used. I ditched the crazy yellow and went with all pinks, and chose to go with something a little less harsh than the black to anchor the whole card, so I went with a chocolate brown. I think the second card turned out much better. The only thing that I'm still not happy with is the way the stamping turned out on the darker strip of pink paper. I had initially tried both a dark pink and a white ink to stamp the pattern in, but neither of those looked right. So I tried a shimmery pink. Still not really happy with it, but it was the best of the three choices that I went with.



I asked my almost 4 year old daughter which card she preferred, and what a surprise the crazy kid chose the most colourful of the two.
Card #1
Stamps: SU Polka Dots & Petals
Ink: SU Pixie Pink, Dew Drop Brilliance Orchid, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Recollections Cardstock
Other: Dashes Dots & Checks Ribbon
Card #2
Stamps: SU Polka Dots & Petals
Ink: SU Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip & Dew Drop Brilliance Orchid
Paper: Bazzil Basics Mudpie, Paper Company Tinted Dawn
Other: Dashes Dots & Checks Ribbon

1 comment:

  1. What a great stamp set! I like how you layered the colours and used the images to create a background. I think I'm with P - I like the pink and yellow one!

    ReplyDelete