Sunday, February 13, 2011

2 Littlest Valentines

I have two kids, two little girls under the age of 5. What do little girls love more than anything? Pink and cute little animals. The two of them are obsessed with "stuffies", and pretty much my life revolves around all things pink. So hey Valentine's Day is the perfect opportunity to exploit both of those.

I really really loathe colouring in stamped images. I'm horrible at it, but sometimes that's just what you have to do. I've tried markers (all been them a bit on the crappier side) and I've done the whole chalk thing. I find I'm best using my watercolour pencils from Stampin Up. I'm still not awesome at it, and they don't really have the most in terms of colour collections but that's what I ended up using for both of these cards to colour in the stamped images.

I also branched out this time and used a digi stamp for the first time. The heart teddy bear came from Pink Cat Studios. It took me a long time to decide to use a digi stamp just because of its unconventional-ness, but I went with it, and i think it worked out well in this case.

Anyway, without further adieu this is what I came up with for my kids. A swingin' Monkey and a balloon toting bear :)



Monkey Card:
Stamps: Verve Love Monkey, Verve Heart to Heart, Verve Forever in our Hearts
Paper: GCD Studios Light Stripe, Rose Coloured Glasses
Ink: SU Pink Passion, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery
Other: SU Watercolour Pencils, Embroidery Thread, Offrey Ribbon
Bear Card:
Stamps: Verve Heart to Heart, Pink Cat Studios Heart Teddy Bear
Ink: Rose Red
Paper: GCD Studios Rose Circles
Other: Embroidery Thread

No comments:

Post a Comment