Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Be Mine - Mojo 177

I haven't participated in a Mojo Monday sketch challenge for a long team, even though I look at them every single week. As soon as I saw this week's sketch though I knew that I was going to go ahead and make a card using it, and put my own little spin on it.


Right after Christmas I loaded up on Verve stamps, most of them were Valentine related, so what better a time to use them. Valentine's is just a bit less then a week away and I need to make at least 3 of them for the kids and the husband. I always have a hard time coming up with something for my husband. I want it to be not to feminine, not too masculine, not to cheesy. All tough things when it comes to Valentine's, hearts and pretty much all things pink.

As soon as I saw the sketch for this week I knew I was going to attempt to make a mini envelope on my card. It fits in perfect with the sketch, and what better to fill a valentine envelope with than a couple of hearts and little message.

So here's what I came up with:



I'm really pleased with this card. You can't really see it in the photo but the two hearts look like they are almost popping out of the envelope. I'm also really happy with the way the colour combinations came together, and I think the dotted paper that I used lent itself perfectly to the occasion.
Stamps: Verve: Flirty Phrases, Heart to Heart
Ink: SU Pretty In Pink, Rose Red
Paper: Paper Co Ruby Jewel, GCD Rose Coloured Glasses Stripes
Other: Recollections Pearl Stickers.

3 comments:

  1. Just too cute! I really like little envelopes and you have used it so nicely here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is REALLY cute... the envelope and hearts popping out is really creative!

    ReplyDelete