Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Fairy Happy 3rd Birthday

At the end of the month my youngest daughter turns 3. So of course we are having a birthday party for the little monkey. We went back and forth on themes. She wanted fairies, then she wanted princesses, then tigers, then superheroes. I was all set to do the superhero thing, but couldn't find a superhero stamp. So I managed to convince her to go the fairy route.

As you may have read I'm the proud new owner of a bunch of new copics, so of course I decided why not this invite for the first try of the markers. I used a great Pink Cat Studio fairy stamp, and went to town colouring.

I also wanted to make sure that for keepsake purposes it was pretty evident which birthday this was for. So after digging through my stamps and trying out all kinds of flower and grass stamps I settled on an SU stamp from the Just Like You set. I added a little fairy dust and magically a little flowery 3 appeared :).

I'm not very good at shading (yet) but I will get better with practice. I also made a few mistakes and because when I started I didn't have a blender (they were on backorder) there wasn't much I could do to fix them. But I think it turned out okay for a first attempt



Oh and excuse the disgusting lighting on this picture. I have no idea what the heck was going on. I think my nice SLR is about to cack out.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! You did fabulously with your first attempt at using Copics. I don't see any mistakes. Love the fairy dust!

    ReplyDelete