Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Heartfelt Thank You & Aloha

My kids attend a local preschool. The teachers at the school are absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately late last year just before Christmas, one of the teachers (who happens to teach both my kids) had an accident at the school and broke her leg. She required surgery on the broken leg and has since been recovering and going to physio to get herself back to what she used to be. We've all missed her.

In the meantime the school found a wonderful replacement for her. Miss Katie. We love Miss Katie. My kids love Miss Katie. She's a fantastic teacher and just seems to really bond with the kids. Well Miss Katie is leaving the school, as Miss Cathy has finished her rehab and will be returning to teach after March Break. We are all going to miss Miss Katie. So I thought it was only the right thing to do to make her a thank you card to say what a wonderful job she has done and how much my kids thank her for caring about them for the last several months and to say Aloha.





I have really come to appreciate simple cards. Not too much going on. I thought about doing a sketch this week, went and looked at Mojo and almost had a heart attack looking at how busy it was. So I opted to go my own route.

We love everything Hawaiian in our family so I decided to go with a hibiscus stamp that I recently purchased from Verve. And of course this gave me the opportunity to once again practice with and use my new copic markers. I also tried something else for the very first time on a card: I took my lazy butt up to my sewing room and sewed a small little frame around the card.

The one thing that I'm not happy about is the thank you stamp that I used. I have a gazillion stamps. You would think that in a gazillion stamps I would have a decent thank you stamp. Just a simple thank you. But this was the best I could come up with. Its a little small. Something bigger, but just as simple I think would have looked better. So note to self, buy a better thank you stamp


All in all I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I like the colours I used, I think its vibrant, but has maintained the simplicity I was going for. Hopefully Miss Katie will like it.

Stamps: Verve Hibiscus; SU Short and Sweet

Other: Copic Markers, Momento Black Tuxedo Ink

1 comment:

  1. How very thoughtful! I love your shading on those flowers and FINALLY you sewed on a card. You're a sewer, you should do it more often!! Yes, get a bigger thank you stamp. May I suggest Hero Arts? ;)

    ReplyDelete