Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Happy Birthday Children Dear.........

The birthday extragavanza continues. I have four birthdays to make cards for this week. Thought I would start off with what I thought would be the simplest card to make. My daughter has a little friend, who was born just three days before she was, and his birthday party is coming up this weekend. He's turning 3.

3 year olds don't need anything elaborate, so once again I've gone simple. I decided I didn't want to do any fancy schmancy designer paper, just wanted to use stamps and my copics. I also haven't used my SU stamp set All In The Family in about three years, so I decided to pull it out. This is the cute little design I came up with.



I thought it was perfect to just make a row of kids celebrating a kids birthday, so that is what I went with and of course this stamp set was perfect for it. The most difficult thing was lining up the stamps so that heads were on bodies and hats were on heads. You can see I had a little bit of an issue with some of them, but that's what you get with woodmounted stamps. You can't see where you are placing them.

I tried to make it as colourful as possible without going nuts. I think it worked out. I also decided the kids weren't enough so I added a little pop of colour with the ribbon. The one thing I think I maybe could have added was perhaps one of the kids holding a balloon. But I'm not going to go back and add that now.




The one thing I hope everytime I make a card for a kid is that the parents are like me and they save everything for their kids. I hope that sometime down the line this little boy will look back at his birthday cards a truly appreciate the time and effort (but he's a boy so he probably won't :P)
Stamps: SU All In The Family
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Paper: Gina K Luxury White Cardstock

1 comment:

  1. This is SO cute! I love it. My D loves and appreciates my cards but that's probably 'cause his mom makes them. ;)

    ReplyDelete