Monday, January 16, 2012

Valentine Mad Science - SSSC 150

I have neglected my blog once again for a long long time. I didn't post anything about the gazillion christmas cards I made, or any of the ones I received. So I start anew, with a new year.

We are going away for three weeks starting on Sunday. We don't arrive home until two days before Valentine's day, which gives me no time at all to sit down and make cards for my husband and my girls. So I have had to get myself in gear and get down to work before we leave. I just ordered a whole load of new stamps from Taylored Expressions and from There She Goes, and just got them in the mail on Friday, so perfect timing.

To start my off I decided to go back to the trusty old Sweet Sunday Sketch for inspiration.





A while ago I had seen a card made with Red and a teal blue and I loved the colour combo, so I decided that was going to be my theme this year for my Valentine's cards. With two girls I have enough pink in my life, so I didn't want to do a bunch of pink Valentine's.

The first card I made was for my youngest daughter who is almost 4 years old. She's into all kinds of crazy things right now, and loves telling me stories about Monsters here and there and everywhere so of course I had to use Taylored Expressions Love Monsters. I kept the monsters in line with my colour theme.

I finished up the card, thought it was fantastic, only to realize that I had put it together and totally forgot one element of the sketch, the little banner. But I didn't have time to fix it, especially since I hadn't realized my mistake until it was too late to take it apart and add the element. So here it is sans one element. I think it turned out really cute, banner or not

The second card I managed to get done was the one for my husband. I've said it before and I'll say it again I have such a hard time making cards for men. I am so girl oriented that I'm always stumped for ideas.

Last summer my oldest daughter had a science themed birthday party and I had totally forgotten about the There She Goes Chemistry stamps I had used for her invites. But luckily found them for this little project and I think it worked out perfectly


So I have two down and one to go. My oldest daughter said she wanted a mermaid card, but I really would like to use my new There She Goes My Little Friend gnome stamps. I'll have to see if I'm in a gnome or mermaid mood tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. These are fabulous! I love the colours and the masking of the hearts on the beaker are amazing. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete