Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Moving on Up

I had run out of things to make cards for. I have no upcoming birthdays to make a card for, there are no other events happening with my family or friends that requires a card for the occassion, so I was going to make a few blank cards and just keep them in case of emergency.

However, just my luck I got a great excuse to make a card. A friend of mine just got an awesomely awesome promotion at work. She moving up in the world and I'm so happy for her because I know how hard she works and how much it really means to her especially after a bit of at trying year. So a Congratulations card was in order

I have seen all kinds of cards people have made using flowers out of paper. I think it was from a PTI challenge but I'm not entirely sure on that. I decided to try my hand at making them. I had a bunch of scrap paper that had a bit of a shimmer to it so I thought that would be perfect for the flower. Once I had chosen that it basically led to the card having a purple theme.
I think it turned out really nicely. I like the layout and the colour scheme and the flower didn't turn out too badly either.
Paper: Recollections cardstock
Stamps & Ink: Inkadinkado Congratulations; SU Elegant Eggplant
Other: Dashes Dots and Checks purple velveteen ribbon; Recollections Bright Mini Cirlces Brad; SU Scallop Border and Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment